A few weeks ago, Instagram launched a small global test allowing users to choose whether they want to hide similar accounts on their posts or other posts they see on their feed.
This thing is done to reduce psychological pressure when posting on Instagram. An Instagram spokesperson said, “In 2019, we started hiding ourselves like accounts so that a small group of people would understand if that takes the pressure off when posting to Instagram.”
“Some people found it beneficial, but others still wanted to see similar accounts so they could keep up with what’s popular.”
methods to hide likes on Instagram
As part of a test, Instagram offers two different options to control which similar accounts you see on Instagram. First, you can choose to hide likes on posts from other users in your feed, and the second is to hide likes on your posts.
You can enable both of these features, but if you do, you won’t be able to see accounts like anywhere on the Instagram app.
Please note that this is a small test and only selected users now have access to these features. So if you can’t find the feature on your Instagram app, your account is not eligible for the test.
How to hide likes on Instagram (all posts)
If you want to hide likes for all posts on Instagram, you need to follow some of the simple steps below. Let’s see how to hide likes for all posts on Instagram.
- First, open the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture .
- On the next page, tap the three horizontal lines and tap “Settings . “
- On the Settings page, tap on the ” Privacy ” option .
- Then tap on ‘Messages’
Under the articles, activate the toggle next to the option “Hide as and show number”
- That’s it! You have finished. This will hide similar accounts on other users’ posts on your Instagram feed.
Hide likes on your own Instagram post
The second option is to hide the accounts as on your own messages. If you enable this option, only you will see the number of likes on your post. However, people who view your posts won’t see the exact number of likes received on your Instagram post.
- First, open a photo or video that you want to share on your Instagram.
- On the last sharing page, tap on the “Advanced settings” option .
- In the advanced settings, look for an option “Hide likes and show accounts on this post”.
- Activate the toggle next to “Hide likes and views on this post” to hide similar accounts.
- That’s it! You have finished. Your post will now be shared and your followers won’t see the exact number of likes your post received.