In this guide, we are going to tell you how to add or remove quick settings in Windows 11. Windows 10 has introduced a new feature known as Action Center. Action Center is basically a notification center that lists all notifications. It gives you access to some of the most common Windows settings like brightness, night light, Bluetooth, wifi, etc. In Windows 11, you get something called Quick Settings, similar to the Action Center.
With Windows 11 Quick Settings, users can easily manage common PC settings like adjusting volume, brightness, Bluetooth, WiFi, focus settings, accessibility settings, etc. While Quick Settings are of great help, they annoy many Windows users.
Some users reported that the pencil icon for changing quick settings options is missing. Also, many have claimed that Windows 11 Quick Settings won’t open at all. So if you are also having trouble with quick settings on Windows 11 then you are reading the right guide.
Steps to add, remove or reset quick settings in Windows 11
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to add, remove or reset quick settings in Windows 11. Let’s check.
Add or remove quick settings in Windows 11
If you want to add new options to Quick Settings on Windows 11, you need to follow this guide. Here’s how to add new options to Windows 11 Quick Settings.
- First, open the Quick Settings panel on your Windows 11. You can press Windows Key + A to open the panel.
2. At the bottom, click the Change Quick Settings button (Pencil icon).
Then click the + Add button to add new functions to the quick settings.
That’s it! You have finished. This is how you can add / remove new features in Windows 11 Quick Settings.
Fix Missing Pencil Icon in Windows 11 Quick Settings
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, many users have claimed that the Pencil button does not appear in the Quick Settings panel. If you are also having the same problem, you need to delete a registry key. Here are the steps to follow.
- First, press Windows key + R to open the RUN dialog box. In the RUN dialog box, type Regedit and press Enter button.
- This will open the Registry Editor. Here you have to navigate to the given path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Quick Actions \ Control Center \ Unpinned
In the right pane, right click Microsoft.QuickAction.Edit and select the Remove option .
After deleting the key, you must restart your computer. After restarting, the Pencil button in Windows 11 Quick Settings should be visible again.
If you’re still having trouble with Quick Settings, you need to reset the feature. Here is what you need to do to reset quick settings in Windows 11.
- First, open Notepad on your Windows 11 computer.
- On Notepad, enter the following lines.
REG DELETE “HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions” /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
3. Click on the File option and select the Save As option .
4. In the Save as type box, save the file with a name and add the .bat file extension . For example, ResetQuickSettings.bat.
5. To reset quick settings, right-click on the batch file and select the Run as administrator option .
That’s it! You have finished. Now restart your PC to apply the changes.
Windows 11 Quick Settings is a great feature, and if you have any issues, you should follow these methods